Saturday 14 January 2017

Fruits with banana ice cream (5 people)




The other day we had friends at home for lunch and honestly I had no idea what to give them for dessert! Suddenly I remembered I had some bananas in the freezer (the initial idea was to make a special dessert for my sister who came from Spain to celebrate Christmas with us, but we completely forgot!). I also had some strawberries and a few bananas, so I decided to improvise some fast, easy and delicious dessert!

I have to say one of my best friends in the kitchen is the Thermomix (if you've never heard of it, you can google it and see how marvelous it is ("she" help me with almost the 95% of my meals... I just have to love her!). But you can use any (strong) blender.

So... my dessert was a success! Everyone just loved it and they couldn't believe how fast I made it. So, if you want to amaze your guests and family, you only need to have...

Ingredients:
  • 4 (previously sliced and frozen) bananas
  • 2 bananas
  • 200 gr strawberries
  • chocolate chips (optional
  • peppermint (optional)
  1. Blend the frozen bananas until you get the consistency of ice cream. (I take the bananas out of the freezer about 5-8 minutes before to blend them). 
  2. Slice the other 2 bananas, strawberries or any other fruit you want to use and distribute them in the glasses or bowls you are going to use to serve the dessert.
  3. Add the ice cream on top of the fruit.
  4. If you want, you can add some chocolate chips and put some peppermint leaves on the top to decorate the dessert.
  5. ENJOY IT! 
NOTE: You can use the same method to make ice cream with other fruits. If the fruit is already sweet, like bananas, there is no need to add sugar. Believe me, you will find it sweet enough and you will have a very healthy ice cream! But if you wan to make, for example, strawberry ice cream, you will need to add at least a little of sugar because this kind of fruits has an acidic, some of them even bitter, taste. Sometimes I add a little of soya cream or coconut milk to the mixture for a creamy ice cream (I don't think the banana ice cream need any though).

No comments:

Post a Comment